Congressional Democratic Leaders and Other Noted Liberals
- Democratic Leadership in 112th Congress
- Democratic Leaders in the U.S. Senate
- Democratic Senators Up for 2012 Reelection
- Democratic Senators Elected in 2010
Democratic Leadership in 112th Congress
In November 2010, voters reelected Democrats to control the Senate for the third consecutive Congressional term. However, Republicans retook control of the House of Representatives after two terms of Democratic leadership.
In the 112th Congress (2011 to 2012), Democrats hold 53 of 100 Senate seats, including both Independents, Lieberman of Connecticut and Sanders of Vermont, who plan to caucus with Democrats. In the House, Republicans hold 255 seats (58.6%) versus 179 (41.4%) occupied by Democrats.
- Senate Democratic Leadership Team, 2011-2012
- Senate Committee Chairs in 112th Congress, 2011-2012
- House Democratic Leadership Team, 2011-2012
- Senate Majority Leader, Sen. Harry Reid of Nevada
- House Minority Leader, Rep. Nancy Pelosi of California
- Assistant Minority Leader, Rep. James Clyburn of South Carolina
Democratic Leaders in the U.S. Senate
Profiles of top and long-serving Democrats in the U.S. Senate.
- Sen. Barbara Boxer of California, Environment Committee Chair
- Sen. Dianne Feinstein of California, Intelligence Committee Chair
- Sen. Kent Conrad of North Dakota, Budget Committee Chair
- Sen. Jeff Bingaman of New Mexico, Energy Committee Chair
- Sen. Mary Landrieu of Louisiana, Small Business Committee Chair
Democratic Senators Up for 2012 Reelection
Profiles of Democratic senators newly elected in 2006 to first terms in the U.S. Senate, and up for reelection in 2012.
- Sen. Jim Webb of Virginia
- Sen. Claire McCaskill of Missouri
- Sen. Bob Casey, Jr. of Pennsylvania
- Sen. Amy Klobuchar of Minnesota
- Sen. Sherrod Brown of Ohio
- Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse of Rhode Island
- Sen. Jon Tester of Montana
- Sen. Ben Cardin of Maryland
Democratic Senators Elected in 2010
Profiles of Democratic voices elected or reelected to the U.S. Senate in tight 2010 election contests.
- 2010 U.S. Senate Elections Overview - Who Won, Who Lost
- Sen. Christopher Coons of Delaware
- Sen. Harry Reid of Nevada
- Sen. Barbara Boxer of California
- Obama Loses Liberals in MA Senate Race For Good Reason
Democratic Senators Elected in 2008
Profiles of new Democratic voices in the U.S. Senate, newly elected to first terms in November 2008.
Liberal Celebrity Activists
Profiles of liberal celebrity activists and opinion-makers.
- Oprah Winfrey: Activist & Philanthropist
- The Politics of George Clooney, Actor and Liberal Activist
- Rosie O'Donnell, Liberal Activist & TV Personality
- Brad Pitt, Green Activist & Film Actor
- Bono's Famed Remarks to the 2006 National Prayer Breakfast
- Al Franken, U.S. Senator & Famed Comedian
Civil Rights Leaders
Profiles and words of and about selected U.S. civil rights leaders.
- Cesar Chavez, Latino Champion of Civil Rights
- Lesser Known Words of Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Martin Luther King, Jr.'s "I Have a Dream" Speech